Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

C C Rider or See See Rider Tab Needed!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by House, Aug 3, 2003.

1. House

House

Aug 3, 2003
    SW Florida
    Does anyone have or know where to find a tab for C C Rider or See See Rider?

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Which artist and which version? Doing a quick Google turns up lots of links - mainly, it appears, to books that you can buy - and a number of different artists get mentioned.

I don't know the song but suspect it will be like one my band did recently - "Ain't No Sunshine", which has been done by a lot of artists in a lot of styles. Unless you get the tab for the recording your working with, it may not be that useful...

Wulf

3. House

House

Aug 3, 2003
    SW Florida
    Yes there are many different artist, but most are the same style with little variations. I have searched google high and low and can't seem to find any tabs other than books to buy like you said.

Thanks Any Way,

--House

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Have you tried tabbing it out yourself? You might not get someone to write the whole lot out but if you can highlight the sections you find hard, you might find someone with the same recording you're working from who could help complete it.

Wulf

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Are you talking about Elvis's rendition of the tune? If so I can help you to some extent.

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

The Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels version
    was a medley with CC Ryder first, then modulates into 'Good Golly Miss Molly' and then back to CC Ryder.

If memory serves me right, ( bear with me here, it's been 30 years since I played that song) CC Starts in E, and GGMM requires you to move to G, them back to E to finish the song. [ Technically, this would be the Key of A and the Key of C, but ignore that if it confuses you.]

Basic I IV V IV I blues progression. Doll it up the beat with some V and VII notes. Just be sure to slam the root notes on the ONE, and you should be fine.

Thor