1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD C Extension

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by slothlane, Aug 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. slothlane

slothlane Supporting Member

May 23, 2012
    Price:
    Here's a C extension I got on a trade. The person who owned it first said it was valued at $900. IMG_1736.JPG IMG_1737.JPG IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1741.JPG

2. bengreen

bengreen

Jan 26, 2016
    San Diego
    Hi,

I definitely have a home for it. I'd love to buy it. Price is fine,

Thanks,

Ben Green

3. slothlane

slothlane Supporting Member

May 23, 2012
    I sent you a message with payment info Let me know

4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Yo, Adam - really?

Warning to all - be careful with this one!

Enjoy the following excerpt from a too-long PM string...

1. Hey - I've never received confirmation from you re receipt of this amp, and while abroad on vacation, learn that you, or someone else named Adam Lane, has contested this transaction with PayPal. Can you please clarify what's going on here?

Thanks.

Best,

jk

Jun 23, 2017Report

2. 221907-.
      slothlaneSupporting Member

Rating - 96.7%
      29 1 0
      Add Feedback
      yes, got the amp everything is ok and someone has hacked my PayPal. i'm in conversation with them about it.

, Jun 23, 2017Report
      LikeReply

3. 64176-.
      JoeboneSupporting Member
      Rating - 100%
      80 0 0
      Figured as much! I took the liberty of sending PayPal a link to our TB correspondence. Wishing you the very best of luck with the hack, and with the amp! It's funny - I have two great amps - an old thunderfunk and and a Mesa 800+, but have taken my GB 9.2 out on my last few gigs and am starting to ask myself if I really need those other amps. I'll end up keeping the thunderfunk - it's an old friend and I'm one of those guys who believe that A/B sound better in some ways than Class D, but the GB 6.2 and 9.2 are really great!

Good luck...

Jun 24, 2017Report

4. 64176-.
      JoeboneSupporting Member
      Rating - 100%
      80 0 0
      Hey, Adam, this is not what I expected, from PayPal.

One of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. This means the buyer has asked their financial institution to reverse the money for this transaction.

We want to help you, and we are disputing this case with your buyer's financial institution.

Here are the case details:
      • Buyer's name: Adam Lane
      • Buyer's email: sloth@cwia.com
      • Buyer's transaction ID: 5VD155107B217621M
      • Your transaction ID: 0JD460473N640371N
      • Transaction date: May 19, 2017
      • Transaction amount: $375.00 USD
      • Disputed amount: $375.00 USD
      The disputed amount has been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s):

• We were unable to verify the shipment information you provided.

In addition, you have been debited a $20.00 USD chargeback fee.

We understand you may not have been expecting this chargeback. If this debit has made your PayPal account balance negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your PayPal balance.

If the financial institution decides the case in your favor, we'll notify you when the payment is returned to your PayPal account.

We'll email you if we need any further information from you.

Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center. After you log in to your PayPal account, click Tools, and then click Business Resource Centerunder "Grow your business."

Sincerely,

PayPal

[​IMG] So now, you have may amp, some other clown has $395 of mine, and I'm out accordingly. I'd appreciate your phone # so we can chat and figure out now to resolve this. My cell is 310.XXX-XXXX. Thanks.

jk

Jul 11, 2017Report

5. 64176-.
      JoeboneSupporting Member
      Rating - 100%
      80 0 0
      Adam - I really am hoping to hear back from you soon concerning this situation. PayPal has swept the balance in my account and even seeks more from me still. Meanwhile, I have your word, per above, that you received the amp, and I also have confirmation from FedEx that the amp was delivered:

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/index.html?tracknumbers=786683116227&cntry_code=us

I suspect that you and I will have to work together to straighten this out, and I do h0pe to hear from you soon. Again, my cell is 310.XXX.XXXX.

Thanks.

Joe Kohanski

WWJD - What Would Jamerson Do?

GAS expands to fill all available space...
      1. This will be solved in a couple of days or I'll send you the amp back Sorry this has turned totally bonkers I'm still working with paypal now more directly but give me just a couple of days or I'll ship it back to u

, Jul 12, 2017Report
        LikeReply

2. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        No worries - just plain good to hear from you. Meanwhile, PayPal has swept $120 out of my PayPal balance and is claiming I owe them another $275. Bonkers, indeed!!!!!!

Good luck to us...and may your hacker rot in Hades...

Jul 12, 2017Report

3. 221907-.
        Rating - 96.7%
        29 1 0
        Add Feedback
        i spoke to a second manager at PayPal they are reviewing this issue once again. it seems they may reimburse me for this mishap and then i will reimburse you. they are slow though. i apologize

, Jul 14, 2017Report
        LikeReply

4. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        Absolutely nuts! I've been quite busy during business hours but will be calling them on my own behalf over the weekend or on Monday. Given my proof of delivery, I can't believe they swept my account.

Jul 14, 2017Report

5. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        Adam - I can't even get anyone on PayPal because they refer to the case as "closed." I really, really do think we need to coordinate here. And why would they reimburse you, if it's my money that's been swept?

Jul 17, 2017Report

6. 221907-.
        Rating - 96.7%
        29 1 0
        Add Feedback
        well i thought they would send me like a gift card/credit or something as the phone company recently did for me after a similar but different mishap/screw up. look why don't i send you back the amp and just try to deal with it on my end since I've been able to get them on the phone and it was my account that was hacked.
        what's your mailing address?

, Jul 17, 2017Report
        LikeReply

7. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        So PayPal writes today to state that they have not been able to defend me against the buyer's financial institution. Curious, insofar as as I'd sent PayPal the FedEx proof of delivery. At this point I think I have to ask that you make good on your offer to return the amp. I'm astounded that this is the outcome, but it wasn't my account that was hacked, yet I'm out the amp and out the sale price.

Thanks.

jk

Jul 31, 2017Report

8. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        Adam? Are you dealing in good faith here, or are you scamming me?

The pleasure of your prompt response is greatly appreciated.

Best,

jk

Aug 12, 2017Report

9. 221907-.
        Rating - 96.7%
        29 1 0
        Add Feedback
        I'm still in communication w PayPal over this If I don't get anywhere by sept 1 I'll send you 375 again just to save face and keep it real I've been on tb for years my fb is nothing but positive I don't scam people especially for a mere 375
        My phone was stolen on tour in April and someone got access to some of my accounts that figured into this
        The next time we speak it'll be me Checking to see if you got my payment either by PayPal reimbursement or my own pocket If it's my own pocket I may need to pay u in installments however I will absolutely do this just to keep "good faith" as you allude to
        You do not need to contact me again in fact I'd now appreciate it if you do not

, Aug 12, 2017Report
        LikeReply

10. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        Adam - I'm sorry to rankle you but I'm convinced that our best bet to deal with PayPal is to contact them together. I've offered you my phone contact and that idea, but you seem to resist it, and I don't know what to make of that. If you look over our communications, you have not been very forthcoming with details - like finally telling me now about your phone having been lifted.

I've googled you and see you're the real deal as a bassist. And, FWIW, I'm only a hobby bassist but was a pro trombonist from 1976 through 1989 when I commenced my present career, and can appreciate your thing from that perspective.

And forgive me if my frustration with PayPal comes out in our communications. Perhaps my frustration was amplified by seeing that 6.2 parked atop of the f112 you are selling (BTW my f115, which I bought used, is also seafoam green - go figure ).

But I've sent PayPal proof of delivery to you from FedEx, yet am still upside down.

In my professional life (I represent labor unions, mostly in the film industry, and a whole lot of musicians have seen residuals out of film industry bankruptcies based on tagging along with deals I've negotiated for directors/performers/writers) I've learned that multi-party situations don't get resolved without multi-party solutions. There are four of us at this table - PayPal, you, me and the scammer. PayPal is never gonna get right with this unless you I and they deal together, in real time, at which point they have to conclude that the scammer is scamming.

Once again, I suggest we exchange phone numbers and coordinate a joint call with PayPal. My cell remains 310.XXX.XXXX.

Best,

Joe Kohanski

Aug 12, 2017Report

11. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        OK, you don't want to hear from me, but understand that I'm not getting any jollies out of this situation either - our scamster has $375, you have my amp, and PayPal says I owe them $375 based on chargeback "initiated by the buyer" and have been garnished $125 of that, and I have a freeze on my account, so perhaps I'm the one person in our circle of three that so far has taken an actual hurt from this situation?

Anyhow, just spent 90 minutes on the phone today with PayPal; two different guys, both named Jacob. They concur that under their rules, my only recourse would involve your disclosing, to me, the financial institution that initiated the chargeback (there also is the prospect of legal action with PayPal implementing a chargeback with to providing me info concerning the charge-back institution, but let's not go there for now). I'm happy to pick up the cudgel with your financial institution if you would so disclose, but in thinking this through, it seems that your issue lies with your credit card company - they have conflicting information from you and the scammer, and I'm having trouble seeing how they resolved for him instead of you. What am I missing here?

Anyhow, yet again proposing a joint approach to PayPal. I don't want a chargeback on my record when I fulfilled my part of the bargain. You don't want me hassling you. So what am I missing here?

Thanks.

jk

Aug 21, 2017Report

12. 64176-.
        JoeboneSupporting Member
        Rating - 100%
        80 0 0
        Adam - bad news...I'm not going away quietly.

You have my amp. Your scammer (or PayPal, depending on perspective) has my money. It's your phone and account that got ripped off, not mine. And if your phone got ripped off in April, why were you still using rip-offable accounts in late May when you bought the amp from me? Going back to July I suggested a joint approach to PayPal, which might have worked, but you blew that off. On July 12 you offered to send the amp back to me. Have you done so? No. Your last communication suggested some sort of make-good approach, but there has been no follow-through from you in any way. Instead you have the gall to post images of a speaker cabinet you are selling, with MY FRICKIN' AMP on top.

I'd love to hear a good faith rationale for why I should be the sole party out of pocket for a problem that exists due to your management of your own affairs. I can't think of one.

If you do not respond to me within the next 48 hours, with a reasonable proposal for making good on this situation, things are going to get interesting. As we say in law-land: "All rights reserved..."

5. bengreen

bengreen

Jan 26, 2016
    San Diego
    Sorry, I can only comment on my own experience.

Adam was cordial and accomodating. Payment successfully sent via PayPal, extension was shipped within mutually agreeable time frame, it was well packed and the condition exactly as photographed in the ad.

No drama whatsoever.