C# String update

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Garry Goodman, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I received the newest version of the S.I.T. C#0 string about a week ago , a .195 if I remember correctly. I put it on the Adler 11 string and played it through an Ampeg svt pro 4 (correct name ?) into my new Basson b510 sub contra cabinet. The string is most definitely audible now. You can clearly hear the open C#, 1st fret D , the Eb and the E.
    The b510 sc was specifically designed to handle the 11 string and other full range guitars and keyboards.It's 1400 watts @8ohms.

I might have thought I heard the notes on the old C# string ,but along with myself ,two other qualified listeners heard every note played on the new string as "clear as a bell" . There is a nice even balance when playing across the B, F# and C# string.
    I also played through the Basson prototype B310 and although it didn't shake the ground ,the string was clearly audible.
    The new string doesn't "flop around" and is now thicker where it makes contact with the bridge saddle. In my opinion ,Jauqo III-X and S.I.T. have made a huge contribution to the bass guitar.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, i certainly dig my SIT .165"s, that's for sure. best low f# i've heard, easily. i look forward to developing more of a relationship with eddie speedy, he's the best guy i've dealt with for strings ever.
  3. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    I really need to get in touch in those guys, I'm currently out of extra strings, 150" just doesn't cut it, it only gets a nice and tight feel tuned up to G#

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I would like to give Mad Thanks to Eddie at SIT Strings for being so Open Minded to my Concept,not just in regards to my Low C#(theory)string,but taking the chance on making me a 165 Low F#.a gauge I thought would be perfect.
    Thanks Again Eddie