SOLD Ca. 1970 Ampeg SB-12 (Local Boston)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Chuck_G, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Chuck_G

Chuck_G Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Boston Area
    Price:
    $400
    1/4/19 10:49 PM: Deal pending; amp is on hold for now.

Up for sale here is a well-loved Ampeg SB-12 from about 1970. As you can see, it is not a museum piece. But it works fine and sounds GREAT. This one is loaded with a JBL E120-8, and to me it sounds a little more aggressive than my B-15.

Despite the cosmetic issues, the head and cab are structurally sound. One of the latches on the head mounting doesn’t grip its bolt very well - I wouldn’t recommend picking up the amp by the handle with the head in the cab, but the head stays in place in both the playing and storage positions. The dolly is a homemade replacement based on the dolly from an Oliver amp: 1/2” (I believe) plywood covered with Duratex, rubber wheels, and a mounting bolt from fliptops.com.

Here are the specs.

I would like to keep the sale local and prefer a cash sale. Please PM with any questions.

IMG_0626.JPG IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0597.JPG IMG_0596.JPG IMG_0624.JPG IMG_0620.JPG IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0622.JPG IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0621.JPG

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Federighi and mikewalker like this.
  2. funkytoe

funkytoe In Memoriam

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    Crazy deal! If I was anywhere on the East Coast, you would already have money from me in your PayPal. I am jealous of whomever gets this!

bassfran likes this.
  3. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Gold Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Killer deal.

4. Chuck_G

Jul 24, 2009
    Boston Area
    Thanks, funkytoe & Bulltrout! I got lucky on this myself, and am just selling it for what I paid for it a few years ago.

funkytoe, mikewalker and Bulltrout like this.
  5. Chuck_G

Jul 24, 2009
    Boston Area
    Deal pending; on hold for now.

Bulltrout likes this.
  6. Chuck_G

Jul 24, 2009
    Boston Area
    Sold! Thank you, Ryan!

RyanOh likes this.
  7. RyanOh

RyanOh Gold Supporting Member

20190106_214057.jpg
    Thanks, Chuck. They make a great pair. I think I've done 3 hours on it already.

Chuck_G likes this.
  8. timwoodie

timwoodie

Apr 7, 2014
    Rhode Island
    If you ever sell HMU.

RyanOh likes this.