Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CA tb'ers in marching band

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Are any of you high school TB'ers in CA going to the Torrence Marching Comp. this saturday?

If you are, I am with the Liberty High School Marching Patriots if you want to hang out or something. If you see our trailers, just ask around till you find me...

2. pff

who is this l0zer?

[​IMG]

:D

3. I am envious of his marching band...

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm not from CA but i am in marching band. To be specific the Lafayette Jefferson Marching Bronchos. www.jeffbands.org is the link. There's plenty of pictures on that website. Our district contests were this past weekend, and regionals are in 2 weeks and if all goes well for us we'll be playing in the RCA Dome for State Finals the following week.

Mike-I'm surprised they let you play next to the trailer. For us, it's not allowed due to the ISSMA rules and in none-issma events since the directors hate it. Have you ever gone to a BOA Regional? We went to the one down in Louisville, KY hosted on the U of L football field where our the DB resident DURRRL teaches. That's all

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    That was just a warm up, and it was not at a competition.... so we were playing by the trailer cause... it was there....

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Ok-wasn't sure. Enjoy, Marching Band Bass Players are relatively rare [or at least in the midwest]. That's all

7. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Hey Mike, if you have time come to my place to jam a little, I live near Torrence, I'll let you play my Modulus ;)

8. I was in Marching band in high school, and in California too. I played the flute though
    :bag: *runs and hides*

9. *chases him down and beats him with his own flute* :D

but seriously, flute is awesome, you get to surround yourself with all the ladies :D

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Come check us out this saturday... We could probably hang out a bit before the show, or meet up at the beach or something... im not sure which beach we are going to... but we could probably arrange something.

11. hahahaha, I am a lady ;)

12. [homer]
    DOH!
    [/homer]

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It looks from that photo, as if he wasn't up to the marching - so decided to use the car instead!!

:D

I think this is a bizarre idea - I imagine electric bassist and guitarists marching in complex patterns across a field with little trollies trailing behind them, carrying their amps!! And then when they cross - all the leads getting tangled and the whole band ending up on the floor, tied up in guitar leads!! ;)

(PS - warning - serious bad left hand technique creeping in on that photo!! ;) )