Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab advice 210 or 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BaSs_FrEak, Aug 18, 2004.

1. BaSs_FrEak

BaSs_FrEak

Aug 4, 2004
    i got a fender 400 pro head and fender 115. my cab sounds like its to deep and it makes the speaker shake and im trying to decide if i should get 210 or 410. im using a squire right now and im gettin an aria igb65 next month. i dont understand what the differance would be if i got 210 or 410 wouldnt it sound the same just louder. well to get to the point would it make my 15 cab not shake as much or would it make a differance?

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I don't think another cab would help your 15" speaker. But you're right, a 410 will be louder than a 210. It's more a matter of how much sound you want, how portable you need your cab to be (obviously, 210's are easier to move than 410's), and how much you can spend.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    Have you screwed around with the EQ on your head to try and stop the shake? Maybe your head is just uber bassy and you need to turn the bass way down. *shrug*

4. BaSs_FrEak

BaSs_FrEak

Aug 4, 2004
    ya i tried messin around with the bass and it kinda helped thnx but i still cant get loud enough to hear myself over the drums when we practice

5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    it's also a matter of how much lows you want added in. A 410, being a bigger box, brings more bass to the table. Since you have the 115 already, you've got the low end covered. I'd say only go for the 410 if you REALLY need volume. The 210 is smaller, lighter, more portable.

On the other hand, a 410 can make a decent full range cab if you like the tone. (I love my Aguilar GS 410.) So you could always just sell or trade in the 115. I've found multiple cabs is just more trouble than it's worth for 95% of gigs.

6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    it sounds like you're overdriving your 15 in an attempt to get loud enough to be heard. I would think a 210 would give you some more room volume wise.