Cab advice...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazzmann23, Sep 11, 2002.

1. jazzmann23

jazzmann23 Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Hello fellow bassplayers, i'm new to this forum. I need advice. I have played many cabinets over the past several months to find "my sound" and I really like the Aguilar GS212 with the preamp i am soon to purchase, Demeter HPB-1, but i am very curious about ACME cabs. I hear the low end is massive but the hi frequencies can be tricky. I faithfully own a Lakland 55-94 deluxe and want a cab that can produce my B string with justice and the has the mid-presence that can cut through most any mix. The Aguilar actually took me by surprise when i played it, the 12's are punchier than Ithought. Anyways my question is, which cab is best suited for my choice of preamp and bass, btw I have a qsc plx1202 on the way so i got headroom. I just want to hear about you guys experience with ACME's and the Aguilar GS212. thanx
  2. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I've got the Acme B-4 and it sounds fantastic. The best cab I've played through, though not the one for competing with an SVT. Still, it's pretty loud. Lows will make you sick and I've found the highs to be very even and nice.
  3. jazzmann23

jazzmann23 Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Murfreesboro, TN
    thanx for the advice, i am leaning toward the Aggie' but i really want to try an ACME out.
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a couple Acme lowB cabs and they sound great.....but I also have a Bergantino 2/12 that smokes the Acmes.....I'm sure the Aggie would be close! If volume is a issue...IMHO....get the 2/12!
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    There's a pretty sweet 2/12 up for auction on Ebay right now. A search for Epifani should turn it up if anyone's interested...I have no stake in it but I just saw it and then this thread.

brad cook