Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tommytoughnuts, Feb 6, 2005.

1. tommytoughnuts

Jan 26, 2005
    im kind of getting frustrated. I want to build a 2x10 cab but no matter where i look i cannot find plans for one. PLEASE does any one have any websites w/ plans for a 2x10 or can you email me a pdf or something. Thanks :help:
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bgavin has a spreadsheet on dimensions needed for various drivers. billfitzmaurice has a lot of expertise as well, as do a lot of other cats on the forum. a little search on cabinet building wouldnt hurt either.
  3. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I used to build a lot of bass cabinets for fun. The best sounding one of the bunch was one that broke all the rules. Wrong volume, wrong shape, incorrect porting, and bare wood on the inside. Most of them ended up in a dumpster or on somebodies woodpile. There are so many sizes and configurations of bass cabinets available today at good prices, you might think about just buying one. Use that wood and time to build a nice coffee table or shoe rack. :D
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    What are you trying to accomplish by building your own? If you're looking just to save money, you're probably better off buying a good used 2x10 that will have resale value.

If you are looking for something that isn't commercially available, then DIY is the only option...unless you want to have someone like Low Down Sound build one for you.
  5. +1
  6. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.