1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab Cases.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Just bought my new rig....wo0o... and i want to have my 4x10 protected durin trips from gig to gig, i have looked into havin it flight cased but it seems to be so0o expensive....nearly as much as the cab....

Has anyone had a go at buildin a sutible case for their cab to go in,,,?.... must have a strong study on which the cab will sit and a lockin cover placed over the top so it can be lifted...

Just spent a lotta money and need to keep it all safe...any soultions would be greatly appreciated....:)

Thank you..

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you have roadies or the cab will travel in a large gear truck, then yes, a flight-style case would be a good idea.

However, if you travel it around yourself, all you really need is a padded cover. Tuki covers are nice, and you might also want to inquire whether the cab manufacturer offers its own covers. I know Aguilar does (I have them).

3. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Unless your doing big time loading and unloading or someone else is doing it for you, go with covers. Cases are outrageously priced ($650 for a 410!). I got the covers for my Edens (from Eden) and they work great. We do 3 shows a month and I load and unload them and they do the job. Way less money also.

GOOD LUCK.

4. Covers are lighter too.

Much lighter.

:D