Cab Cases.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ZenBass, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Just bought my new rig....wo0o... and i want to have my 4x10 protected durin trips from gig to gig, i have looked into havin it flight cased but it seems to be so0o expensive....nearly as much as the cab....

Has anyone had a go at buildin a sutible case for their cab to go in,,,?.... must have a strong study on which the cab will sit and a lockin cover placed over the top so it can be lifted...

Just spent a lotta money and need to keep it all safe...any soultions would be greatly appreciated....:)

Thank you..
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you have roadies or the cab will travel in a large gear truck, then yes, a flight-style case would be a good idea.

However, if you travel it around yourself, all you really need is a padded cover. Tuki covers are nice, and you might also want to inquire whether the cab manufacturer offers its own covers. I know Aguilar does (I have them).
  3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Unless your doing big time loading and unloading or someone else is doing it for you, go with covers. Cases are outrageously priced ($650 for a 410!). I got the covers for my Edens (from Eden) and they work great. We do 3 shows a month and I load and unload them and they do the job. Way less money also.

4. Covers are lighter too.

Much lighter.