1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab casters

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pappasgrind, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Pappasgrind

Pappasgrind Goratory-sour grapes out now!!

Aug 13, 2009
    hello and happy new years im looking for casters for my el whappo any one know where i can find em?

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Was your Whappo cabinet supplied with the pop-in/pop-out casters?
    If so, I believe the Ernie Ball caster will interchange.
    They can be found on many internet sites.
    Google "amp casters".

I just went to my local farm/hardware/lumber supply store and picked up the swervel casters I have on my cabinets.
    If I remember they were $2.00 or $3.00 each plus tax and the mounting screws were $1.89 for a package of 20.

3. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    It has the slots for what i imagine would be the pop in

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    First place I'd look would be www.allparts.com

I believe they have them listed on their first page. If not, click on amp parts.

They've treated me well in the past.

I'd still check out your local hardware/farm supply/lumberyard supply store.
    They often have the pop in casters at great prices plus you can see what your getting on the spot.

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm not very trusting of casters that have a single shift that snaps into the cab - they get bent easily. I prefer to go to ACE Hardware and get these 250-lb each casters and secure them with 1" #10 screws.

Peaveyroller.jpg

The thing about casters is that you roll them over uneven surfaces, and the impact they endure is many times the weight on them. For a 50-pound cab you should have casters rated to carry 4 to 5 times as much weight, just to provide durability in use. Always err on the side of buying a slightly heavier caster than you need, not a lighter one. They cost a lot when you have to buy twice (getting heavier duty casters the second time) to replace the broken ones.

6. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    Agree, the only hitch being that the smaller wheels get stuck on bad pavement in parking lots, etc. I prefer the larger 3" wheels.

7. Pappasgrind

Aug 13, 2009
    thank everyone for their input i like the go heavy or go broke idea i can dig. i think im going to go with the ernie ball casters they seem about right

8. ricguy

ricguy Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I suggest trying this place: http://www.servicecaster.com/

When I needed to replace the 3" casters on my Bergantino HT322, I found them here. They have pretty much any diameter, width, composition and style of caster you could want.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021