Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab Combinations for Epifani UL-502 Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Oct 19, 2005.

1. What sounds great and is extremely portable/powerful for you guys? I need to get a new cab that I can take overseas (or find a company that can ship me one when I am over in Europe next summer on tour).

Thanks!!

FEAR THE DOLL!

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Get an Acme B2 4 ohm. Sounds wonderful with that head!

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i like the B2, but why not a set of Epifani cabs?

4. +1... depending on the sound you are looking for. If modern, articulate tone is what you are looking for in an extremely light package... the 310UL or a couple of 112UL's (or a single 112UL if you don't need to knock walls down) is amazing... and, as we've been discussing in other threads, will give you about twice the volume, if not the low end, of the Acme.

The Accugroove 112, the Berg 112, the Epi210UL, and the EA210 would also be good options for loud, small, relatively light cabs, depending on the sound you are looking for.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    It sounds great with the Epi UL 210 and EA NL-210 cabs

6. Great minds think alike :D

7. Sweet.

I would need to spend some more "home" time with any of these cabs to judge as to whether or not they will be feasible within my signal chain.

I've run the Epifani head through an older Epifani 3X10 cab but when I ran it through a 2X12 Aguilar cab, a bunch of people from outside the monitoring room came in and asked me what the hell I was running to sound so amazing!! I was mixing and matching like crazy that day!! You never know what might work!

I think 2X12 cabs are "my sound"-- very musical and very guitarlike. I don't go below a low B (I tune my Status fretless 6 E-F) so I am not looking for a "low-end" cab, but it's always a nice option to know that you can go low as well.

8. Then get a pair of Epifani 1x12's or a 2x12! They are amazing light and they sounds super good.
    I really happy about my setup with two 1x12UL's and the 502 amp.

-Christian

9. The older Epifani cabs... especially the original 310 with the old crossover and the shallow 16" depth are not at all representative of the sound of the current line. You still might not like them... but don't bass your decision on having only played an old T-310. :)

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG] ?
    I don't know exactly what you mean by powerful AND portable. Where so you set the compromise ? 1x12, 1x15, 4x10 ?