Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab considerations for RMX1450?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeb, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    I'm considering the RMX1450 for power and was wondering what some of the opinions on this board might be as to cab configurations that would best complement the potential of this unit?

There are just so many options and I don't want to regret an ignorant purchase.

Thanks.

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    There's a billion and one choices. Cant really give you any recommendations without knowing what kind of music you play, what tone you like, and how much money your gonna be working with. That can make the difference between a Schroeder 210212 and an Epifani 110. Ya never know...

So tell us your situation :)

3. Jeb

Jeb

Jul 22, 2001
    USA
    I'm not really after "whats the best..." but rather what do you think? What do you like? What has worked well for you or someone you know. So fire away. To answer your question:

I play rooms up to 800 and some outdoor dates are lurking this summer. I play contemporary/classic rock/country/honky tonk depending on the group. I usually tote my Fender Jazz bass, but I also play a SR5 from time to time. I like a gritty-growly, well defined tone with plenty of clarity to go with the low end. I don't like "muddy," I like to be heard, not just "felt" Sometimes I have equipment available to me to play through depending on the venue, but when I'm on my own I run (seriously) my Peavey TNTS combo and I've even run a Behringer Ultrabass 1200 in tandem sitting on top of that for more clarity. I've outgrown that setup. I always have PA support. Thats my story. Wow, did I write all that!? :)

Oh yeah, (edit) I've looked at the Avatar B410Pro, but have read mixed reviews and I can't seem to decide on going the 4ohm or 8ohm route. Traditional heads regulate your power for you dependent on what you plug in. Rack setups require more forethought because they are soooo flexible.

So fire away.

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    www.avatarspeakers.com

Probably the best combination of quality, tone, and price I have ever found in a bass cabinet. Check out people's opinion for each cabinet. The most balanced tone amongst Avatar's cabs probably comes from the B212. Enough lows to hit the low B, with definate punch thrown in, 1000Watts RMS handling... all for a little over $320. With that in your possession, you could bridge it at 8ohms for 900Watts, or 4ohms for 1400Watts. I'd recommend the 8ohm setup, in case you decide that you want another cabinet.

You could always add more punch with a 210 or 410. And if you wanted more low end... there's a 115 available. OR... you could even opt for an SB112, just to have a portable cab.

There's a ton of combinations with Avatar cabs... but they also sound excellent, and are UNBELIEVABLY affordable. Dont forget the grade A servie you get.

5. You want to biamp that into an Eden 210XLT and a 215XLT...trust me. :D