Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab covers for EA Wizzy cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Dec 1, 2004.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    In case anyone else owns a Wizzy cab, and wanted a padded cover (EA doesn't currently offer one, I believe), I just had two made for me by Under Cover (www.undercovernyc.com). One of mine has the top handle, and one has the side handles, so they now have both templates for making future covers. If anyone is interested, Kelli at Under Cover can hook you up. Their covers are very nicely made, and competitively priced.

Later, Tom.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Tom,

You've mentioned this outfit before, what else have you bought from them? I'm looking for something burlier than the EA/Modern Case bag for my iAmp 800, and I don't really want a rack bag or rack case, because of overhang issues. I'm pretty close to building something myself, maybe a carbon fiber laminate deal, with either foam or wood as the core. A bag with more serious padding and a little hard protection is tempting though.

Oh yeah, your link is hosed too. www.undercovernyc.com works better, methinks. :cool:

3. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Thanks for noticing my bogus URL. I am ashamed to say that it took me quite a while to figure out what was wrong with ti.:confused:

So far, I have had Under Cover build cab covers for all of my EA cabs that I could not get an OEM EA cover for - CX-310, both Wizzy's and one VL-208. I have considered having them build me other covers, and I was all set to order a gig back from them for my iAMP 800 when EA's "official" model came out. I still may have them do a gig bag for my Walter Woods.

If you want something "burlier", I'm sure that Kelli could hook you up with something. They are very willing to try and fabricate an item based upon your specific needs.

4. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Another correction. EA does make covers for the side handle Wizzy and Wizzy Combo, but not for the top handle variety.