1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab Decision.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rymsk19, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Rymsk19

Rymsk19

Jan 26, 2011
    Hey all, Currently I am running a 1x15 with a Pro Bass 300 Head from Carvin, I am looking to add another cab, I am thinking a 2x10. Would you guys say its a good combination. I really dont want to lug a 4x10 around lol.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    The 210 and 115 can work alright in several cases, but I think you would be better off getting another identical 115 cab. Or, two 210's - one for smaller setups and two for bigger stages and so on........

3. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    I think the safest bet is to get an identical cab. Mixing them can work--but they can also introduce limitations in your gear and, even worse, problems with your sound. These problems are always avoided with matching cabs.

If you like the sound of the 15 you have, get a second one for more of it.

Note: I should talk. For financial reasons I had to buy a second cab non-identical to my first one. Thus I am the proud owner of a 212 and a 410.

4. A pair of identical 1x15 cabs would probably look and stack better, so keep that in mind.