Cab decisions.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chips, Dec 26, 2005.

1. gday guys,

Well ive just purchased a new GK 400RB-IV head. Now, i just need a cab. Im playing an Ibanez EDA900, and a few effects. The head has great tone- very growly and nice for slap.

I play with 2 other guitarists and a loud drummer, sort of hard rock/prog rock type of material. I love growly tones but with plenty of clarity and a bit of mids/toppish sounds for slap and cutting through.

Ive heard good things about Avatar cabs and was considering. What other cabs would you recomend?

Chips :bassist:

P.S. I also prefer 410/610/810 cabs. or 410 and a 210 ontop, u get the idea :)
  2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
  3. ah yes.
    Another thing i forgot to add, is i dont really want to spend more than $800 AUS on a cab
  4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Maybe the Avatar B410 KAPPA PRO?
  5. BUMP

Im a bit iffy on avatar, after reading hot and cold reviews on them. Plus theres nowhere that stocks them around here, so they would have to be ordered in.

I was thinking about maybe a warwick cab. Any opinions on these????
  6. there was a warwick 410 in the quokka lately - thats a 400w by memory. I've got a warwick combo myself - never been a prob, and very good for its rating.
    I've only heard good things of warwick cabs - but def. check out the 2nd hand peaveys, there's usually one or two kickin around.
  7. im pretty sure they are 300w.
    Ill hopefully get to try the one out at mega music this thursday with the head, and my bass. I thik i'll a/b it with an ampeg. And hopefully some other nice cabs to see how it compares