Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab Facelift

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikemulcahy, Sep 6, 2000.

1. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Does anyone know of a "kit" for recovering cabinets. I would like to recover mine but would rather do it myself. Or where is the best place to find the pieces parts needed.
    I would prefer a nice felt cover.

2. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
  3. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I have a cab I might need to recover. It's a new cab except for the cats I'm about to kill. I keep it in the closet (the cab) and they still manage to get in there somehow. Anyway, what's the best material to use for recovering besides the duratuff carpet stuff? I've thought of using 1000 D cordura nylon, as it is tough and rip resistant. Does anyone see any difficulty in using this material for a cab covering, besides cost?

4. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    You could probably use the Cordura, but I personally think that it'd be a little hard to keep all of the wrinkles out when attaching it. Maybe you have already thought of that though...

Doug, that's one of my favorite quotes from good 'ole JT!

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I was thinking of having it professionally done, although I guess I could iron the pieces before I put it on. So, military green, navy blue, alert orange or camo? thanks Knight