Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab for GK-1001RB???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by InCuBaSSpunk, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Alright, I got a GK-1001RB head and now I'm saving up for a cab. I'm looking for suggestions on which cab I should buy...Ampeg ,GK ,SWR??? I don't really know any of the differences in sound between each maker, if there is a difference at all. And I don't know what kind of speaker configuration I should get(4-10s,8-10s,2-15s...etc). So If some of you guys could give me some reccomendations on a cab it would be much appreciated. As for price range, anything under $1,000.

2. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    GK cabs have an accented upper-mid response. I personally like them a lot. They may or may not be your cup of tea. SWR has a pleasant "scooped" mid tone to my ear. They are nice sounding except sometimes the scooped mids make it hard to cut through in a high-volume situation. Ampeg is really good stuff too. Not my cup of tea but tons of players swear by them. Try them all out, see what you like. At the end of the day it's your money. Happy hunting!:)

3. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I agree with Trip on the comparison of the GK Cabs and SWR cabs.You will cut through better in a high volume situation with a GK cab.A GK RBH 4-10,2-10 or 1-15 will also let you take advantage of all the features and power available on the 1001RB.If you check some of the better online music dealers,you might be able to get a 2-10 RBH and a 1-15 RBH for about $1,000.