1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab for Marshall VBA 400?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TenaciousE, Mar 3, 2008.

1. I need some suggestions for a cab to go with my newly acquired Marshall VBA 400. It sounds good with my Avatar 410 but I want to get a matching Marshall cab, either the VBC 412 or 810. I've always like 10's but am intrigued with the idea of the 412. Unfortunately, I won't have the opportunity to try either one out. I'll be playing classic/hard rock/blues with my Sadowsky's (NYC Vintage 4 and Metro Ultra-vintage 5 both with maple fretboards). I'm a little worried I'll be missing the mids with the 12 inch speakers. Does anybody have any experience comparing these cabs or other suggestions? (I've searched the VBC 412 thread and the 12 inch speaker thread, but didn't really get an answer to my question). For purposes of this discussion weight and money aren't factors.

Thanks,
    Eric

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I would think, if anything, that 12's would be a very mid voiced speaker choice.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  4. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    I used my 4x12 for a gig once, it got buried in the mix cause I wasn'dt able to utilize it's full potential without turning the VBA400 volume knob past 12"oclock(lack of stage space). Any how, I really enjoy the way my VBA400 sounds with a SWR 2x10(8 ohms) + SWR 15"(8ohms), both ported. The Marshall 4x12 is nice, but it doesn't have an external speaker output on it, but the overall build quality is second to none. I've ordered the Laney Nexus setup and will compare apples to apples soon, but if I were you I would go with the 8x10 cab especially since you might have to wait six months just to receive it.