1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab for Orange TB500 Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Godinho_EURO6LX, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    Hey Guys

I am Upgrading my Bass Amp from an Eden N15e Combo to an Orange Terror Bass 500 Head and I wasnt too sure about which Cab to go with

I am Looking for some Good Low Mids , Some Brightness , And that High End Clank Feel you get playing Finger style with the Bridge Pick Up

What in your Opinion is a Good Cab for around 600-800 $ To go with the Orange TB 500 Head?

I play Death Metal BTW

Cheers!
    www.facebook.com/Lunacyst

2. Used SVT810

3. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    Yep that was an Option....But its too damn Big to Carry Around...I jam with my Band in a Real Small Jam Room, And gigs are Usually Slow out here in Bahrain....Gettin an Svt810 Would not make any Sense, Tho i read some Awesome Reviews on it.

4. Levin S

Levin S

Apr 21, 2007
    Charlotte N.C.
    I use an Aguilar DB210 in White turned up vertically :)

5. MarcMurder

MarcMurder #IIAmerica

Mar 9, 2010
    El Paso, Texas
    my girlfeind uses the 4x10 orange cab. but in that price range why not try a used ampeg 6x10svt or a 4x10svt. a local band in my area uses that and its got nice tone

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Could you narrow it down to a few options that are available locally in your area?

7. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    Well there is the SP212 Orange Cab, Eden 410xt , Ampeg 410e , Ampeg 8 x10 Thats it

8. midichlorine

midichlorine Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2005
    obc 15 is one of the best sounding 15s ive played!

sounds great with that head also.

3e1397ab.

9. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    I own a 15" Eden Sub as Well...And dont really Like too Much Low End in my Tone...As you can See above ive Mentioned High End Clack Sound playing FingerStyle....What Cabs are good for the Bright High End Sound!

10. None of these cabs immediately come to mind when I think "High end clack..." The Eden might come closest to what you are seeking tonally as it has a horn, but it wouldnt be my choice out of that line up tonally.

If you already have the head go play the 410e. It has a more subdued low end than the eden, and will have a lot more mid content. I dont know if it will give you the "clack" you want, but it will sit really well in the mix with your head.

11. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    Are there any other Cabs other than the ones i Mentioned above that will give me a Good Tone that will Cut Thru the Mix with Heavily Distorted 7 String Guitars and Double Bass Running? Well from what i read the Options are Come down to Either a 2 x 10 or a 4 x 10
    And a 2 x 12 is Prob Last Resort.... For now im Even lookin to Order a Cab online tho its Gonna Cost me..i might Consider something that helps me Cut Through better.

Shoot out on Cabs Needed!

12. If you are handy, or know someone who is, I would look into building a fEARful 15/6.

Wont bat an eye at everything your TB500 can throw at it, and with the mid driver it has more cut, should you want it, than any other cab I have played.

13. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    I didnt Get that.....15/6 Thats something like what Lemmy from Motorhead Uses ....i guess

Well I guess i have to go with the Eden 410 as thats the Cheapest Good Sounding Cab available here...Future Plands Ampeg SVT-4 with SVT 8 X10 or Maybe an SWR Amp with the Megoliath Cab!

14. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

If you can find a used Markbass cab they are voiced heavily in the low mids as well as being quite clear. The "clank" of your fingerstyle will have nothing to do with the cab, if you aren't getting enough "clank" just hit the strings harder.

15. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    I use mine with a Aguilar GS412 cab, sounds great, big and angry :D (possibly slightly expensive though :p)

16. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    Just lookup some of the fearful threads on the forum to get more information. I don't think that Lemmy uses a fearful box. The idea is that the fearful stuff is a much better design in volume and tone and bang for your buck than the mass manufactured designs out there.

17. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    What is good Lightweight Amp Head! i think i need to Rethink the Head.

SWR Headlite , Orange TB500 , Ampeg Portaflex , Genz Benz or Gallien K????

18. Not the orange sp212. Great sounding cab but really old school .

19. It also only has the output of a 112.