1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab for the Markbass Minimark

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by R0VER, Aug 21, 2012.

1. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Im contemplating getting hold of a hartke cab to connect to my markbass minimark combo. Could anyone suggest a few options that would work well, also keeping in mind that the markbass speakers can be switched off too. I'm new to this sorta thing and would appreciate the input of the more experienced folk out there.

Cheers

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    So long as you turn OFF the internal spkr, it really doesn't matter what cab you use. Just watch that you don't go below 4 ohms.

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    The Speaker Off switch kills the Ext. jack, also. What the switch really does it kill the signal to the power amp.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    In that case, skip an ext cab altogether. it's a tiny amy anyway. Keep it for home practice, and start fresh with a new big rig.

5. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    youve got a point. have been thinking the same since yesterday too.

6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I used to use mine with a custom built EV B-110 cabinet, which made the Minimark excellent for most reasonably loud gigs.

To the OP, find a good sounding 1-10 or 1-12 8Ω cabinet (to use along with the internal speakers of the amp) and you will be good to go. It is pricy but the Markbass 604 cabinet was made as a match for the Minimark, although, I think a vertical 2-6 would have been fine if Markbass made one of those to place under the Minimark.

7. R0VER

R0VER

Jul 25, 2011
    Thanks for guiding, Jeff. I'll keep an eye out for the specs youve stated.

8. lmfreeman9

lmfreeman9 Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Arizona
    I gigged mine with a MB 102P traveler. Very light rig which did the jop for praise and worship. It was PA supported.

9. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

I added a Schroeder 1212L 8 Ohms to my CMD121P combo amp rig for 3 x 12s. Very small, efficient and loud, lightweight, and the sound quality is similar to the MB 12.