1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab Help (Berg content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gkbass13, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    Hey all,

So I recently picked up a Bergantino HT 1x12 ER, and absolutely love it!

I was playing a Berg AE 2x10 stack before, and although great cabs, they just didn't have the low mid/deep ooomph that I like in cabs(IMO/IME).

I'm using a Fodera Emperor 5 and a Genz shuttle 9.0 as the other key gear factors, and I'm all over the place with music style I play, but would say i gravitate towards terms like grind, deep, fat and clear, which I think the bergs do amazingly.

So now I find myself in decision making mode. I tend to prefer one cab solutions to gigging/practice scenarios but really think the HT ER cabs are where it's at tone wise for me.
    Is there a big cab out there that will get me really close tone wise to where I am now, or should I just get a second Berg ER? Either way, I will be keeping this one for lower volume needs.

-Grady

2. StraightSix

StraightSix

Nov 23, 2011
    I would just get a second HT 112 ER and use the pair together for bigger shows.

Having two smaller cabs makes moving them easier and gives you options.