Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cab help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hero of the Day, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    Alright so i have an avatar 210, sansamp RbI, and bheringer poweramp and i am planing on getting a SB112 avatar cab. Right now i have the 210 set up on Mono bridge mode. How should i set it up when i add my new cab? I was thinking just putting a 1/4 cable in the 210 into the 112 would that work well?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    What is the impedance of your B210? 8 ohms?

Will the SB112 be 8 ohms also?

What is the minimum impedance that the Behringer can bridge into? 4 ohms or 8 ohms?

If your Avatars are both 8 ohms and the Behringer can only go down to 8 ohms in the bridge mode, you'll need to run it in dual mono (stereo mode with one cabinet per channel).

If the Behringer can go down to 4 ohms bridged (2 ohms per channel stereo) then you can connect the amp to your B210 and run a cable from your B210 to the SB112.

Clear as mud?

3. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I checked out the Behringer site...both power amps will bridge into 4 ohms. As long as you buy 8 ohm Avatar cabinets you can bridge into both of them (amp to cab, then cab to cab).

I presume that you're using the Output 1 speakon and the connector is wired for bridging (1+ and 2+). Correct?

Should be a great sounding rig!!!

4. funkaholic

funkaholic

Nov 30, 2004
    Istanbul TURKEY
    Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Alleva Coppolo Basses, Moollon Basses
    The thing you should be careful about is the resistance, how many ohms are each cab and what is the min required for the mono bridge of the power amp

5. Hero of the Day

Hero of the Day

Aug 17, 2003
    The 210 is 8 ohms and i am planing on getting the 112 8 ohm. Yes the speakon is 1+ to 2+. So could i connect the 112 into the 210 and keep the same poweramp settings ?

6. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Not exactly sure what you mean by "settings" but yes, you can still bridge and connect both cabinets.