Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab Opinion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Oct 23, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    i recently owned a mesa boogie 1-15 with matching 4-10 cab. about 3 yrs old. I had to give the cabinet back to my dad who just recently sold it. (ass) well down at the local music shop there is the same 15 mesa boogie, and the guy said he would swap even for my 4-10 which i still have. i have a trace elliot single 10" speaker that sounds great. should I
    (a) swap cabs and put the 10" elliot on top
    (b) just keep my cabinet
    (c) buy another cab (suggestions please)

thanks. i got some gigs coming up soon and would like to hear what you great minds have to say. thanks

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Though the Mesa 1x15 is my favorite sounding cab, the 4x10 will give you much more volume than a single 15. The 4x10s are also worth more as they have more speaker components.

In a sense you're trading down. If the volume is enough for you, then maybe it's the way to go. I would personally save up and buy a 1x15 to go with your 4x10 as it's an awesome stack.

3. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    but with the trace elliot single 10 cab on top of the 15? you don't think that will be as equal?

4. I played a 1 x 15" with a 2 x 10" on top and it was good, then got a 4 x 10 and it really rocked, so i guess the 4 x 10 would be better than 1 x 10"

Or get a 1210 Schroeder and ditch the rest !!

5. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    would the schroeder (sp) 1210 actually be loader, deeper, and clearer than the mesa boogie 1-15 & 4-10 stack? i know it would be a hell of a lot lighter load to carry.