1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab Placement?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by petek, Apr 2, 2006.

1. petek

petek

Mar 27, 2006
    Right, here's the deal.
    I'm getting older and for the type of gig I'm playing I don't have room or can be bothered taking tons of gear, so I've cut down to an old Peavey amp and Peavey 2x 10 cab.
    What I would like to hear is your opinions on where I should stick my cab, and before any of you suggest 'up my ass' my so called Guitar playing friend has already made that suggestion.
    Would I be better off having the cab on the floor or on a table near ear height, is there a difference being placed 6" from a wall or moved further away?
    Petek

2. If you can, the corner. You get the best bass response for the room that way. If not, then yeah, right up against a wall. And no, you don't have to have it up at ear height. Bass frequncies are very easy to get out into a room. The big question is how good they sound.:D Also, it'd be a good idea to keep it in contact with the stage. This will make the entire stage act as a piezo-driven membrane, and help get your bass out there.

Sure, your singer will complain that you're in his mic, but he's a singer. Don't listen to him.:D

Rock on
    Eric