1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab plans

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fuzzy beard, May 12, 2011.

1. Sorry if i am putting this in the wrong place.I really love the ideal of the coffee house cab build but see it wont work for ABG.I am involved in a project where i mainly play my ABG is there anyway to mod that plan?Or any other plans out there for somone using ABG?

2. What happen some one posted somthing about fearfull but now it is gone?

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Why wouldn't the coffee house cab work for your ABG ? I own a similar cab MojoSonic 1x10, no tweeter. I also own a couple of 1x15's, a fEarful 12.6 and 12.sub. Plus a "Fauxful" 12.6 based on an Avatar 12 and Faital Pro 6. I almost always use the little Mojo cab when playing my Tacoma in a Wine Bar/Coffee house setting

4. As i was reading through the post the guy who designed it said it wouldnt work.So i dont really know.

5. Hi.

I find that very hard to believe, the Fearful is designed to be more transparent than low priced commercial cabs, so if anything, it will be better.

It's all in the amplification though, so if Your amp lacks the required tone shaping possibilities, the better cab design can reveal problems that wouldn't come up with worse cabs.

I'd personally look for a small active cab for coffee house use though.

Regards
    Sam

6. I assume you're referring to the thread begun by Duke LeJune, a 110 installed in a compact car audio box. Not a fEarful.

No reason why it wouldn't work for ABG. In fact, I don't recall ever reading a post that claimed that.

7. Yes that is the thread i am talking about if you go to post 60 of that thread duke him self says he would not recomend it.

8. I am not talking about fEARfuls.just so every one knows.

9. Hi.

Ok, You did mention fEarful earlier so that steered us off. I haven't read all of that thread and can't really speak for the guy, but "not recommended" and "not working" aren't the same thing. Taken out of the context may also have something to do with it.

IIRC the goal of that build was to find a cheap and easy way to have a decent small 110 cab without much hassle. That means many cut corners in order to save the DIYer from doing stuff they're not comfortable with or don't have tools for. That inevitably leads to certain inadequacies, maybe Duke was talking about that?

BTW, do include a link to a thread and/or a comment when used as a reference or as a quote, makes it much more easier for most of the browsing platforms.

Regards
    Sam

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Abg normally a piezo based instrument. Produces a masive fundamental. You really don't want that much low end. So. 1x10 works really well.

11. So would a full range pa cab work?Maybe even one of those light weight powered cabs and run thru my sans amp.

12. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
  13. Bump