Cab problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelu, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    Ok, I got an Ashdown 500 EVO II head, and two mesa cabs.
    The problem is that each cab has only an imput toi rely on the head.
    But on the head I got one out line for speaker, and the second one is a speakon..
    How can I plug the two cabs together ???
    Is there an answer ???? :bawl:
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yeah, daisy chain from speaker A to Speaker B. Your cabs should have two 1/4" inputs (or Speakon). Run the first cable from the amp to speaker A, connect a speaker cable from the second 1/4" input on speaker A and connect that to speaker B.
  3. Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    But the problem is that there is no out on both cabs, only a 1/4 input ! ! !
    No output ! !
  4. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    The head has two is 1/4 inch and one is speakon correct? Both cabs have one 1/4 inch input correct?

For the main out use a 1/4" cable to connect to one cab.

On the Speakon out use a Speakon/ 1/4" cable to connect to the second cab. You can buy cables that are Speakon on one end and 1/4" on the other end.
  5. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    The Speakon and 1/4 jack should be in parallel. Input or output is typically irrelevant on a bass cabinet (verify that your cabinets are 8 ohms or greater; operating some amps with a 2 ohm load can cause thermal shut down).
  6. Go to Radio Shack and get a 1x1/4" male to 2x1/4" female adaptor. Plug it into either the amp or one of the cabs. This will allow you to hook up all your speakers.