Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kelu, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    Ok, I got an Ashdown 500 EVO II head, and two mesa cabs.
    The problem is that each cab has only an imput toi rely on the head.
    But on the head I got one out line for speaker, and the second one is a speakon..
    How can I plug the two cabs together ???
    Is there an answer ???? :bawl:

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yeah, daisy chain from speaker A to Speaker B. Your cabs should have two 1/4" inputs (or Speakon). Run the first cable from the amp to speaker A, connect a speaker cable from the second 1/4" input on speaker A and connect that to speaker B.

3. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    yeah
    But the problem is that there is no out on both cabs, only a 1/4 input ! ! !
    No output ! !

4. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    The head has two outs...one is 1/4 inch and one is speakon correct? Both cabs have one 1/4 inch input correct?

For the main out use a 1/4" cable to connect to one cab.

On the Speakon out use a Speakon/ 1/4" cable to connect to the second cab. You can buy cables that are Speakon on one end and 1/4" on the other end.

5. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    The Speakon and 1/4 jack should be in parallel. Input or output is typically irrelevant on a bass cabinet (verify that your cabinets are 8 ohms or greater; operating some amps with a 2 ohm load can cause thermal shut down).

6. Go to Radio Shack and get a 1x1/4" male to 2x1/4" female adaptor. Plug it into either the amp or one of the cabs. This will allow you to hook up all your speakers.