1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab Question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tomass, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    At the moment im running a SWR WorkingPro400 amp with a Hartke VX410. the Amp can handle 400(give or take watts) at 4ohms, now the Hartke is 300 watts at 8ohms. Does this mean the cab is being used at 150watts at 4ohms or 200 watt at 4ohms, also if I wanted to get another cab for this amp to use in conjunction with this cab would i have to get perhaps a 500watt at 8ohm. so in effect when its being used at 4ohms it would be 400 watt total, or would it be better for the amp if i used another cab at the same rating as the VX. ie VX115 or VX210 etc

2. First question:
    You are pulling probabally around 200 watts at 8 Ohms.
    Second question:
    I run a 210 with a 610 (one is rated at 500 watts, the other at 750) and have no problems, and as long as you don't push either cab at more than capacity (remember that each cab only gets half the watts) it should be fine.