Cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soulgroovn, Dec 2, 2002.

1. soulgroovn

Oct 25, 2002
    New Haven CT
    I'm currently using an eden 2x10XLT and an Ampeg 4x10 cab (non ported). It is a total of 4ohms, I get a pretty nice sound out of it and I'm pushing it with an Ashdown ABM500. The main reason why I went this route with the two cabs is because they can both fit in my car but I'm turning my ride in for an SUV and I'm thinking about the ampeg or SWR 6x10. Would I see any improvement in my sound by using one 6x10 rather than a 4x10 and 2x10 from two different manufacturers or should I just stay on course?

2. I'm not sure about sound quality, but my back would prefer to move two smaller cabs rather than one big one!
  3. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    THIS might help.

I rather have the two seperate cabs. But, they are different brands and i dont know how this affects the sound.

4. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    If you're thinking about going the route of a 6x10, then you should definitely consider the SWR Goliath Senior. Next to Henry the 8x8, the Goliath Senior is SWR's clearest high powered enclosure IMHO. If having enough space in your car was the only thing holding you back, then toss the old mix and match microwave and toaster oven and go for a refrigerator! :D