Cab Recommendations For Fender Rumble 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PsychMD, Mar 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PsychMD

PsychMD

Jul 13, 2015
    IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0150.JPG My mind is fried right now... I am not ashamed ... to ask.. a stupid question but it would help me tremendously....

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT CAB MODELS CAN I USE THIS HEAD WITH THAT CAN TOLERATE HIGH VOLUMES....

THIS HEAD IS A Fender Rumble 500 Head (V3), 120V, Metallic Black 2370800000

I JUST... don't want to think about Ohms and poopie right now... I WANT TO BUY THE CABS YOU WILL MENTION AND LET THIS BEAST OF A BASS be free (warwick streamer LX4 with Aguilar Pickups..yay.

THE BACK HAS 2 OUTPUTS... WHAT ARE THOSE.. AND WHY ARE THEY THERE????

WHAT CAB CAN I USE ????

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Bass Jones and Artorious Rex like this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Gotta have more info.

1) Roughly where are you?

2) What's your budget?

3) Describe "high volumes" a little more. Are we talking touring with a metal band with three drummers and nine guitar players loud? Or are we talking rehearsal with PA support loud? Describe the situation in which you need this volume.

3. PsychMD

PsychMD

Jul 13, 2015
    BRO WE ARE TALKING JUST PLAYING IN MY HOUSE ALONG WITH SOME TUNES...PRACTICING BY MYSELF....

MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A COMBO AMP...BUT I WANTED TO BE LIKE THE BIG BOY BASSISTS

(I PLAYED UPRIGHT IN 3RD-5TH GRADE BTW HOLLA)

4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Any of the newer Rumble cabinets would be a good choice.

G-Dog, bdplaid, macmanlou and 9 others like this.
  5. PsychMD

PsychMD

Jul 13, 2015
    I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THOSE.. AWESOME.

Aqualung60 likes this.
  6. Get a ....... 8 ohm Rumble cab, or Bassman cab (2nd hand???),that'll do you.
    Later if you wanted stupid loud volumes, get another cab the same

Ps, sorry for mentioning the "O" word... but it's important

gln1955 likes this.
  7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I'll never understand why people feel that "thinking about ohms" is hard. It's not. And it's important.

MTN.bass72, bdplaid, MCF and 5 others like this.
  8. Redbrangus

Redbrangus Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Under The X In Texas
    Those are speaker output connectors and they are used to connect the speaker-level signal from the amp to the input(s) of one or more speaker cabs. They are parallel, so it doesn't matter which one you use, but just use one per cab. And this is important: you must use a SPEAKER CABLE to interconnect the amp to the speaker cab, not a 'guitar cord'. A speaker cable (in this case) will have the same 1/4"-phone plugs as a guitar cord, but it uses different wire -- it will have two identical, relatively heavy-gauge conductors rather than a single skinny wire inside a shield, which is the way a guitar cable is constructed. Just make sure that whatever you buy is labeled 'speaker cable' -- if it says 'shielded' anywhere, it's the wrong thing.

And I agree that buying a Rumble cab is good way to go, with the idea that you can get a second cab if later you want (need?) to get really loud.

Artman, rtav and René_Julien like this.
  9. Hahaha. Nice one... but seriously have you considered Uber or Lyft instead of a cab?

Malafaia, dbsfgyd1, cratz2 and 5 others like this.
  10. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio

11. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I can think of any number of cabs that would complement your Rumble head...but let's keep things simple. Here's a matching 4 x 10 Rumble enclosure rated at 500 watts and available for 4 bills via Sweetwater. Snag one and you'll have a really nice gig-worthy rig. If you want to get tricky, you could go with (2) 15" cabs or similar.

Fender Rumble 410 - 4x10" 500-watt Bass Cabinet with Horn

Riis

Al Rivera, Polish Thunder and smogg like this.
  12. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    I played a gig last night with a Rumble 500 combo, master volume at about 3, gain at about 4. More than ample.

bdplaid likes this.
  13. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    So is caps lock but he’s having a hard time with it too

14. kmon

kmon Supporting Member

May 11, 2009
    Austin, TX
    b9f48706f944aeb4bbf79305973b3fc4.jpeg

Oh and I'd get a rumble cab. Or anything else really. If it's for at home practice it seems unlikely you're gonna damage anything.

15. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Just pick out whichever Rumble cab you like best, the 15 or the 210....and rock it!
    Then buy another one, and REALLY rock them!\

Oops! or the 410!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  16. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I like matched equipment.

I would look at the rumble cabs.
    Most likely designed for each other.

says it has a magnetic head atttachment to keep the head on. the amp. Not sure. What that is.

or a get 2 2x10s , 2 115 etc...
    649A8089-1BC6-47C5-9054-C567F9E77709.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Al Rivera and Polish Thunder like this.
  17. I've got the 500 head and a Rumble 410 cab that I found at a pawn shop for $400 total. Both work together just fine.

18. I have a Rumble 500 head and a 115 cab. They sound great together. So does the 210 cab. If you are going to get just one cab and crank it up, I would go with a 210 or a 410. You could damage the 115 by itself if you max it out.

Here is a chart showing the Rumble head and cabs.

Screenshot_20200316-132412_Chrome.jpg

19. jthisdell

jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    I've used my Rumble head with a number of cabs, Bergantino CN 112, 210, NV115, Barefaced One10, works well with any of them.

20. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    The easy solution, get a Rumble 210 cab. Job done.

G-Dog and RColie like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021