cab recommendations for smallish gigs to pair with my 70s V4-B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassment zombie, Jun 23, 2003.

1. I recently got myself a 70s V4-B and am hoping to get some recommendations for a cab for it for smaller sized gigs... I've already got an Ampeg 6x10 to cover the medium/larger gigs.

throb mentioned in another thread:

a 1x15 has been tops on my tentative list...I'll scour around for the Peavey's w/Black about any others? Someone I spoke with recently recommended one of those 80s cabs "Joes cabs", and an EAW...just looking for options and to see what people who have used/heard these think about them? Even though I'm in Boston, there aren't too many different kinds of 1x15s floating around...

Thanks in advance :)
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    how much are you willing to spend?

how bout a pair of Aguilar 1x12's.
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    If you like the tone you're getting from your 6x10 you might try getting a smaller Ampeg cab. Similar tone in a smaller package.
  4. *nods* i suppose im hoping to hear comparisons and peoples experience with different cabs and such (definitely 15s, a 12 or two perhaps - this would be a standalone)...
  5. I'd like to keep it under $350 used, and this would be for my smaller gigs, which is why I think id prefer '15...feel free to add your commentary :)
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    BagEnd S12 or S15 would be nice pushed by a V4

there is an S12 in birch @ for under $300 and a couple S15 on eBay