Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cab recommendations for smallish gigs to pair with my 70s V4-B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassment zombie, Jun 23, 2003.

1. I recently got myself a 70s V4-B and am hoping to get some recommendations for a cab for it for smaller sized gigs... I've already got an Ampeg 6x10 to cover the medium/larger gigs.

throb mentioned in another thread:

a 1x15 has been tops on my tentative list...I'll scour around for the Peavey's w/Black widow...how about any others? Someone I spoke with recently recommended one of those 80s cabs "Joes cabs", and an EAW...just looking for options and to see what people who have used/heard these think about them? Even though I'm in Boston, there aren't too many different kinds of 1x15s floating around...

Thanks in advance :)

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    how much are you willing to spend?

how bout a pair of Aguilar 1x12's.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    If you like the tone you're getting from your 6x10 you might try getting a smaller Ampeg cab. Similar tone in a smaller package.

4. *nods* i suppose im hoping to hear comparisons and peoples experience with different cabs and such (definitely 15s, a 12 or two perhaps - this would be a standalone)...

5. I'd like to keep it under $350 used, and this would be for my smaller gigs, which is why I think id prefer '15...feel free to add your commentary :)

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    BagEnd S12 or S15 would be nice pushed by a V4

there is an S12 in birch @ thedudepit.com for under $300 and a couple S15 on eBay