1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab repair/speaker replacement questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by colantalas, Jun 4, 2014.

1. colantalas

colantalas

Mar 26, 2014
    Hey there,

So I have two bass cabs that are in need of some fixing. The first one is an Ampeg SVT810E - nothing wrong with it functioning, but when I got it about a year ago the wood under one of the wheels sort of...collapsed, so that the wheel was at an angle. It wasn't loose or anything and I could still roll it so I left it, but recently it's gotten worse and kind of rolls at an angle now so it's time to do something about it. I'm not really sure of the best way to go about it though - it might be more of a wood carpentry question. I can provide pictures if needed.

The second one is more straightforward. I also have a Sunn 215BH that I blew the speakers on trying to play some sweet doom metal at rehearsal with my fuzz pedal (feel free to laugh at me). I need new ones, but I'm pretty in the dark when it comes to speakers, so I'm looking for some recommendations. In need of two 15"ers that can handle at least 350W, sound good for sludgy distorted bass and won't break the bank.

Thanks for reading and any advice you have to give.