Cab Stacking Configurations ????????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Sep 20, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    I have a 2 10 accugroove cab and a 1 18 accugroove cab

i've seen people stack the bigger cab on top ( like say a 15 or a 18) of the 2 10..

is there a reason for this?

i guess its just something i should experiment with eh?

comments would be sweet though..
  2. I know people stack the SWR Goliath under the Son of Bertha because the 1x15 cab is sooo much smaller than the 4x10 cabinet.
  3. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    When the venue has one of those stages made out of plywood flooring over a hollow frame, I put the 15 on top of the 4-10. The 4-10 has casters and lifts the rig up off the floor. When the stage floor is solid, it's the other way around.
  4. I usually put 10's on the top, because you hear the punchier speakers better and more clearer and they are at head level, and the really balls bass sound gets chucked into the crowd by the 15's
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Agreed! Put your more mid-range focused speaker on top. Both you and the crowd will hear it better. Good for cutting thru. Your low speaker will also project better when closer to the floor. The floor will help "bounce" the signal up and out...
  6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I stack my Bag End S15-CUS on top of my Eden D210XLT because the Eden actually has more bass and the Bag End is punchier.

Yes, really.

Just try it and see what you like. I love the way the two cabs sound when stacked together like that. There is no set configuration. It all just depends on the cabs and the tone you are looking for.