1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab Suggestions for a full range 2-ohm rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KPJ, May 22, 2005.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Hello, all.

I would like to get some suggestion for what cabs to add to my 4ohm Avatar 212 to get my power amp to work at its full 2ohm load. I figure I could add an 8ohm 210 and a 8ohm 15; or a 4ohm 215; or a 4ohm 410; or another 4ohm 212. I will be running the rig mono, full range. What are some thoughts. I want to get as wide a dispersion of sound as possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. Is that "running mono" as in bridged mono? No amp I've ever seen runs at 2 ohms in bridged mode. At least not very long without smoke and flames. 4 ohms min, and many only handle 8 ohms.

If you're talking about mono as in not biamp, you still have a 2 channel amp that can't run bridged mono at 2 ohms.

Are you looking at the amp stereo 2 ohm rating? You can run each channel at 2 ohms, which is equivalent to 4 ohms when in bridged mono.

There are a very few amps out there that run parallel mono at 2 ohm loads. Verify before you blow your amp.

Randy

3. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    No, it is a Sunn Coliseum Slave, single channel power amp, 2 ohm minimum impedance. Thank you for you concern.