Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab Suggestions for a full range 2-ohm rig.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KPJ, May 22, 2005.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Hello, all.

I would like to get some suggestion for what cabs to add to my 4ohm Avatar 212 to get my power amp to work at its full 2ohm load. I figure I could add an 8ohm 210 and a 8ohm 15; or a 4ohm 215; or a 4ohm 410; or another 4ohm 212. I will be running the rig mono, full range. What are some thoughts. I want to get as wide a dispersion of sound as possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. Is that "running mono" as in bridged mono? No amp I've ever seen runs at 2 ohms in bridged mode. At least not very long without smoke and flames. 4 ohms min, and many only handle 8 ohms.

If you're talking about mono as in not biamp, you still have a 2 channel amp that can't run bridged mono at 2 ohms.

Are you looking at the amp stereo 2 ohm rating? You can run each channel at 2 ohms, which is equivalent to 4 ohms when in bridged mono.

There are a very few amps out there that run parallel mono at 2 ohm loads. Verify before you blow your amp.

Randy

3. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    No, it is a Sunn Coliseum Slave, single channel power amp, 2 ohm minimum impedance. Thank you for you concern.