Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Mar 11, 2005.

1. I play new age emo/ progressive rock stuff, kind of like thrice/ glassjaw/ thursday... what kind of cab should i get if i have an ampeg svt-cl on top?

http://www.purevolume.com/awestruck

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    This answer is completely dependant on how much money you have. In the low region Avatars and Schroeders seem to have the best press. I can't comment on the upper end cabs since I've never really had that kind of cash to put into a rig.

I would suggest you check out the Hartke XL line, but from what I expirienced with Hartkes they don't like growly tube amps much.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I would think that you would want to consider a sealed cab to use with that SVT CL. Bergantino NV-line would be my top choice so far, but I am also investigating the world of sealed cabs.

See this thread.

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Bergantino nv cabs! 610, 215, 425 (310/115) :bassist:

5. bump, bump bump...

6. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Schroeder Cabinets HUGH FAN!!! I am a SWR Pro series convert!! For 12 years I have used nothing but SWR. I tried my first Schroeder and I am converted.