1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by macbassplayer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. macbassplayer

macbassplayer

Sep 8, 2010
    I am about to buy a new cabinet and need some advice of which to buy. I play in a hard rock band along the lines of sevedust, paramore, disturbed, etc. Right now I am running a markbass head into a gk 4x10 and I lobe this set up. We play primarily in a drop c tuning, so I am looking for clarity and bite in my tone. Tone wise I boost mids for a crunchy sound. The two cabs j am interested in are the Ampeg classic 8x10, and the gk Neon 4x12. Which cab will better suit my needs? Weight is not an issue, but I need to stay below 1000 bucks. Thanks!

2. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    You didn't say which GK 410 you currently have, the GK MBE410 or the GK Neo (not Neon) 410,,,,, or whatever GK 410 you have,,,, the 410 you currently have would be good to know.

For the material your playing (I also play harder rock stuff) you best choice would be to get another 410 GK Cab to mate up with your current 410,,,,,,, two 4x10 stacks will blow anything else out of the water and another 4x10 cab will be alot cheaper than a Ampeg 8x10 or a GK Neo or Neon cab,,,,,, just get another 4x10 cab and you will be totally set for any gig at any volume.

Cheers
    Davyo

3. macbassplayer

macbassplayer

Sep 8, 2010
    Yeah it is an mbx. I thought about doing just what you suggested, but I want the ease of portability of one larger unit, and keep my gk at my studio. And my phone changed neo to neon. I actually had my cab paired with another 4x10 before it blew, and it was mainly for stage prescense more than tone anyway.

4. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Damm cell phone spell checker.

As far as my cab suggestions,,,, two GK Neo 115 series lll or on or two GK Neo 4x10 cabs.

I've owned MarkBass, Peavey, Ampeg and many other major brands over many years of pro playing,, after all the amps and cabs I have owned I will admit to being a huge GK fan, so thats my very biased opinion/suggestions.

Cheers
    Davyo

5. macbassplayer

macbassplayer

Sep 8, 2010
    Thanks.