cab suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ravenousgibbs, Sep 11, 2003.

1. alright fellas... i've looked all over the place including TB, but i still can't decide for myself . I'm looking to buy new cabs, and i need some info... i was looking at the hartke 2x15xl, or the 4.5xl, to go with my hartke4000, but i was lookin at the SWR goliath series cabs to, and i can't decide which one to go with, the hartke seems to have more punch, but meh i dunno, i don't want to get suckered into buying something that sucks because i'm knew to the buying of cabs, i have a budget of about $1500 and i'm open to any suggestions, not just hartke and swr :D
  2. $1500 for just the cab? You could get some real nice stuff with that. Have you looked at eden?
  3. well... 2 cabs really, forgot to mention it
  4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I think this calls for two Ampeg SVT-8x10's ;) ;)...
  5. If he went used, sure he could. But he only has a Hartke 4000, not exactly enough for 16 speakers.
  6. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Oooooooooooh... Wait, you have $1500 to spend... Why not just buy a ****ing hella nice 8x10 cab, and get a new loud head or power+pre combo... You could get like, 800-1200 watts out... The Ampeg PR-410hlf handles 1200...
  7. I vaguely remember there being a really awesome mesa cab, not an 810, but it was something weird.
  8. whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Weird mesa cab? Was it the one with 4 10's with a 15' right in the middle. I think they used to have one that was similar to that but instead of 10's it was 4 8's and a 12". Does that sound right? I have no idea what the model numbers were.
  9. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    big strings bergantino cabs. you can buy power later.