Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cab suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ravenousgibbs, Sep 11, 2003.

1. alright fellas... i've looked all over the place including TB, but i still can't decide for myself . I'm looking to buy new cabs, and i need some info... i was looking at the hartke 2x15xl, or the 4.5xl, to go with my hartke4000, but i was lookin at the SWR goliath series cabs to, and i can't decide which one to go with, the hartke seems to have more punch, but meh i dunno, i don't want to get suckered into buying something that sucks because i'm knew to the buying of cabs, i have a budget of about $1500 and i'm open to any suggestions, not just hartke and swr :D

2. $1500 for just the cab? You could get some real nice stuff with that. Have you looked at eden?

3. well... 2 cabs really, forgot to mention it

4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I think this calls for two Ampeg SVT-8x10's ;) ;)...

5. If he went used, sure he could. But he only has a Hartke 4000, not exactly enough for 16 speakers.

6. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Oooooooooooh... Wait, you have $1500 to spend... Why not just buy a ****ing hella nice 8x10 cab, and get a new loud head or power+pre combo... You could get like, 800-1200 watts out... The Ampeg PR-410hlf handles 1200...

7. I vaguely remember there being a really awesome mesa cab, not an 810, but it was something weird.

8. whatever

whatever

Jul 2, 2003
    Boston
    Weird mesa cab? Was it the one with 4 10's with a 15' right in the middle. I think they used to have one that was similar to that but instead of 10's it was 4 8's and a 12". Does that sound right? I have no idea what the model numbers were.

9. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    big strings bergantino cabs. you can buy power later.