Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab that pairs well with Hartke 3500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4Mal, Sep 16, 2003.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    If you're running or have run a Hartke 3500, what cab did you like best and why ? I'll be doing a test run pretty soon and I'm trying to focus in on maybe three cab's to try when I do. I know there are a lot of good cab's out there, I'm really only interested in those that pair well with the head I'm going to use with it though ...

Thanks, Mal

2. I used an Ampeg SVT 410HE with a 3500 for a while and got a lot of positive feedback about my tone. Personally, I liked the sound of the Ampeg cabinet a lot more than the sound of the Hartke 4 X 10" cabinets...it was smoother and more solid sounding to me.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I can picture that. I used the old 8x10 for quite a while and regardless of the head, those cab's always sounded great.

4. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    It was a rehearsal hall rig that wasn't mine, but I really enjoyed the 3500 with an Avatar 212.

5. blindman

blindman

Aug 14, 2002
    Stow,Oh.
    I have the 3500 and I'm running a Avatar B115.I think it is a great combo.About the only gripe would be wanting tighter highs which a 210 will do.But,for now,the 15" is great.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I used a Hartke 3500 with my 215 for two years, it sounded awesome. I play in a hard rock cover band, and my buddy used the my set-up in his blues and jazz band. Never had a complaint about our sound. I was always able to get the sound I was after. My cab is 4ohm, so I got the full 350 out of the Hartke. 115 cabs are nice, but the 215 ones are better. Heavier for sure, but definitely better.

I got all caught up in power amps, and went and bought one. I sold my 3500, I wish I still had it now.

-Mike

7. For bigger rooms I used a Carvin 1 X 18" under the Ampeg 4 X 10" cabinet...talk about thunder!