1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

cab to compliment 2X12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sqeejo12000, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Sqeejo12000

Sqeejo12000 Guest

May 5, 2005
    Lubbock
    Okay so I am shopping for a new cab to go with my Avatar B2X12. I am playing really muddy southern rock/metal and a lot of stuff in a c tuning. Just a matter of opinion. Should I be looking for a 4X10 to complete the "full stack" or would a 1X15 be good to just really rumble the guts? I am leaning at the 4X10 but hey I am a sucker for subs.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    You probably don't NEED anything else. 2X12 is plenty for most any stage.

3. braun-jovi

braun-jovi

Mar 25, 2004
    Evansville, IN
    I have the 2x10 to match that cab and I think they go well together but I never play metal, southern rock or go for a muddy sound. Maybe I just wanted this to go away...

"Hello braun-jovi - it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Please feel free to take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? :) "

anyway, a vote for the tens here. good luck.

4. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Some may say that you don't need anything more if you have a 2x12..Not sure what your situation is like, but if you are battling with 2 1/2 stacks, a loud drummer and no PA support then a 2x12 may not be enough.

4x10 gets my vote

5. Flipper

Flipper sale: Sadowsky NYC PJ5

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    How about another 2x12?

6. Sqeejo12000

Sqeejo12000 Guest

May 5, 2005
    Lubbock
    You know I never thought about that...That would be actually a great f-ing idea! I love the 12's that i have. Why not just add two more. Genious! Thannx man. I think I have a winner. :bassist:

7. Flipper

Flipper sale: Sadowsky NYC PJ5

Jan 11, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    No sweat, been thinking about another GB 2x12 NEOX for my rig, should be total overkill......just like I like it!!!

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

If you want even more mud, a fifteen or eighteen would probably be the way to go.

9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Not everybody has P.A. support.