Cab to go with Carvin Neo 10.2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman515, Jul 8, 2008.

1. I am looking for a cab to go with my Carvin 10.2. I am thinking that i would like to go with a 2x12 but i was wondering what other guys are using with this cab. Any advise would be awesome!

Jeremy

2. scuz

scuz You can't be angry ALL the time!

Mar 24, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. I se you are in the boat i am in, you want a 2x12 :) I am not a huge fan of 18's but i am sure that it sounds great!

4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I use another 2 x 10 (avatar)with my neo10.2 sounds great. The Carvin is better IMO.

5. That is what i wondered. I had been thinking of the Avatar 2X12 becuase of the reviews, but I have never heard one. I wish Carvin still made the neo 2x12 cab.
    Jeremy

6. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I would just add another Carvin 10.2 Neo, honestly. But that's just me. I tried combining the 10.2 with one of my BR115's, and just didn't like it. I love the two cabs separately, although I have to eq the head differently for each, but I just didn't dig the combination.

Liam

7. Hmmm i never thought of just doing another 2x10, i thought that the 12's would give more oomph...

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    My thoughts exactly. Just get a second BRX 10.2 Neo. From everything I've gathered, that combination would provide a lot of tone and a lot of power, in a nice modular package.

By the way, if either of you guys would be inclined to post a review of this cab in the "Reviews" section, I think that would be very helpful to a lot of other players. This cab - along with the BRX 10.4 Neo - is still very much under the radar for most players... :meh:

MM

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021