Cab to pair with an EBS Fafner?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 26, 2002.

1. I'm not really sure which cabs i should pair together with an EBS Fafner. I should be ordering the Fafner next weekend after RAM checks out the condition for me (Thanks again RAM). I'm gonna start out with a 4x10 cab. Should i go with an Eden XLT cab, or should i go with the EBS cab, or should i go Bag-End? I'm not really sure, you're suggestions and opinions would be helpful and appreciated.
  2. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    OK, I have never tried either bag end or eden but since Im swedish I´ve tried EBS. It´s a really great cab and really loud. Depending on the price in the US (probably excpensive) I would think that eden or bagend would give you more "bang for the bucks" and I´ve heard that people think that EBS´s 410 and Bag Ends´ 410 sounds almost the same.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Happy to help!

Do you have access to Eden or Bag End? I know it's not the same thing, but if you can at least get a flavor for how they respond with other amps, you may at least get a basic understanding. I'd also suggest you see if you have a grace period, say 2 days, where you can try the EBS from Make'n Music, and return it if unhappy.
  4. I have access to eden RAM so if you want, you can use that for comparison
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'll see what I can do. It should be fun!