Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab to pair with an EBS Fafner?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 26, 2002.

1. I'm not really sure which cabs i should pair together with an EBS Fafner. I should be ordering the Fafner next weekend after RAM checks out the condition for me (Thanks again RAM). I'm gonna start out with a 4x10 cab. Should i go with an Eden XLT cab, or should i go with the EBS cab, or should i go Bag-End? I'm not really sure, you're suggestions and opinions would be helpful and appreciated.

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    OK, I have never tried either bag end or eden but since Im swedish I´ve tried EBS. It´s a really great cab and really loud. Depending on the price in the US (probably excpensive) I would think that eden or bagend would give you more "bang for the bucks" and I´ve heard that people think that EBS´s 410 and Bag Ends´ 410 sounds almost the same.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Happy to help!

Do you have access to Eden or Bag End? I know it's not the same thing, but if you can at least get a flavor for how they respond with other amps, you may at least get a basic understanding. I'd also suggest you see if you have a grace period, say 2 days, where you can try the EBS from Make'n Music, and return it if unhappy.

4. I have access to eden RAM so if you want, you can use that for comparison

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'll see what I can do. It should be fun!