Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cab to use with ampeg B2R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dman, May 22, 2003.

1. Dman

Dman

Jan 25, 2002
    NJ
    I am looking for a good 2x12 or 4x10 4ohm cab to use with my B2R head. I have a 5 piece band that plays mostly blues and R&B

I am looking for something like a warm sounding cab, not HiFi, to fill in the bottom nicely.

We are not a very loud ban and we have a nice PA. I just need something that will fill up the stage with sound and go well with my B2R head

Thanks in advance

2. the Eden 410s are nice

3. Dman

Dman

Jan 25, 2002
    NJ
    thanks
    I am not worried abought how much it the cab is. i am just looking for something good. I will try the edens if I can find a place in NJ that sell them.......

4. With the B2, you don't have a ton of power, so the Eden cab would probably be a good choice. They are hella loud (sensitivity of 106 I think).

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I LOVE the ampeg SVT-410HLN that I have. It's an older discontinued cab but you see them for sale very so often on eBay, etc. The Newer SVT-410HLF is also a nice cab. it's VERY similiar to the HLN except it's rated @ 400W @ 4ohms & the HLN is 500W @ 4ohms.

I've played both thru a B2R &, IMO, I think either will get that you're looking for i.e. "...something like a warm sounding cab, not HiFi, to fill in the bottom nicely.

6. Dman

Dman

Jan 25, 2002
    NJ
    Well after looking around a little, i think i am going to go with the Eden 215XLT. I know it is a big Cab but i play 5 string mostly and i think this cab will work the best

7. MiniMic

MiniMic

Sep 29, 2001
    Syracuse NY
    Hi, could not help but comment on this,I have been in a 5 piece R n'B and Soul Band since 1999.
    I bought a B2R and a PR212-H cabinet when I joined the band,and never looked back. I have said this on these pages before and I don't mind repeating it now. There is no stage in Central NY that was too for this rig. Unfortunately Ampeg stopped making the 2x12 cab. I would try a 2x12 by Epifani(I met Nick E last fall and demoed his new 2x12) or try a Bergantino. being in NJ it should not be hard to find either one of these cabs. If you are so inclined to go with a 4x10 check out the Ampeg 4x10 HLF cab with a B2R it kicks BUTT!

Peace Out

8. JMBass

JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    Portugal
    Go for SVT-410HE.

9. Dman

Dman

Jan 25, 2002
    NJ
    thanks MiniMic I just went to see a band the other night and he had the same rig, B2R and 4x10 hlf what a great soung i thing i am going to go that way

10. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I just got a B2R and an Ampeg 610HLF the two work out very nicely.

11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That seems like a very good combo!!!!! I'd love to get one & use it with my SVT-410HLF but no club/bar that I play in needs that kind of power. :(