Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cab wonderland

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JordanDrinksTea, Dec 12, 2005.

1. I'm looking into a 4x10 cab under $400.
    I've tried looking under gear reviews, but that didn't help me much,
    So i've turned to the all knowing bassist of the forums.

I've looked at Hartke, Ashdown, Aguilar, and some others and I'd like to know through your experiences and whatnot, what would be the best buy under a somewhat tight budget.

info on some cabs and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

:ninja:

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I think Aguilar is on sale right now on MF. If you can get that, you will be happy. :smug:

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
  4. thestevo

thestevo

Aug 12, 2004
    NJ
    +1 on Avatars - the best cabs available new in the sub $400 price range.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The Aguilar 410 is on sale NEW for $450. Normally I would recommend Avatars (they are great cabs) but in this case I think you have enough $ to step it up a notch and get Aguilar, which is a good bit better sounding than Avatars.

6. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Second Aguilar. Carvin's Red Eye 4x10 is also a good value.

7. Thank a lot guys,

do you think a Hartke 5000 head would pair up nicely with either the Aguilar or Avatar?

8. Do you have the hartke or are you looking to buy one as well? In any case, both the Avatars and Aggies are pretty nice sounding cabs. On sale like that, the Aguilar can't be beat. Jump on it.

9. I have the head, and from what i've heard, an ok/good head matched with a great cab can sound great.