Cabinet corner radius

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by La Faro, Jul 15, 2020.

1. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    I order a set of 8 corners a month ago, but the company cancelled stating 'They would have missed the delivery deadline" but I could have waited longer if they wanted to discuss it. So I had to order from another supplier for a little more money. With my location I lost another 2 weeks. They arrived today, and not as nice as pictured, thinner mental, oval holed, stretch marks in the pressing and, cheaper finish, but the main problem, they only sent 4.

So I am going to go ahead and finish the job without corners. I'll have to add later. I did quickly run a pencil around the edge and they looked to be about 9-10mm radius (3/8").

Is 3/8" a standard roundover bit to use for cabs and cabinet corners?

I can order through a Vietnamese company that ships Amazon orders over, and have seen the same as I originally expected, but no idea how long that will take.

31DyF-PHXUL.jpg

2. Redbrangus

Redbrangus Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Under The X In Texas
    It's kind of difficult to say definitively, since you don't actually have the hardware you want to use, but a 3/8" radius roundover is pretty common.

3. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    The ones pictured above look pretty damn close if not the same as I ordered, and I figure if they come and don't fit, but I've gone for a common radius I can the seek out an alternative wit the same.

Thanks, now I just need to track down a 3/8" bit somewhere in town.

Redbrangus likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021