Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Design Program

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blown240, Feb 26, 2006.

1. blown240

blown240

Dec 10, 2004
    I found a program to design cabinet/speaker boxes. But I seem to have lost it. Does anyone know of a good program for designing bass cabs?

2. I have been using Eminence Designer. I chose this one because I have minimal computer and math skills. This program is very easy to use, and it is one of the cheaper ones.

I couldn't get Winisd (which is free) to run on my ancient computer. This might be due to the hardware, which is loaded with Windows 98 (not 98SE, just 98), or to my limited ability. ED was up and running in about 15 minutes. ED offers suggestions for maximum output, hi-fi, and extended bass cabinets for your particular speaker parameters. It provides for sealed or vented enclosure specs, different dampening levels, and single or multiple round or square/rectangular ports. It doesn't seem to offer guidance in designing shelf ports or any other options. This info may be in there, but I can't find it. It offers graphs which can be compared for different designs using the same or different speakers. I'm pretty satisfied with it, but I am sure some of the other programs offer more features.

ED seems to be a good basic program for beginners like me. The ease of use is a big plus for me, and the low cost makes it a little easier to take!

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004