1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cabinet: Eden or Bagend

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jambassist, Apr 13, 2004.

1. jambassist

jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    Looking at either the 210XLT or D10XD both in 4 ohms. Mesa Walkabout is powering both. I play a Fodera 4 string with a jammy acoustic rock band. Both sound good and are in my price range. Guess I'm looking for opinons as to long term dependability, etc. Read all the reviews I could find and both are highly rated. Specs on Bagend are a little better as far as frequency response. Thoughts please and thanks in advance.

2. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I've had an Eden 410 and 210...and I miss them both a LOT! You just can't go wrong with Eden...

3. JAMBASSIST....

Just last night, I posted on the For Sale Thread of this forum, my Eden 2x10 XLT....4 ohm. $325 + Shipping
    Zip code: 91344

I bought it used in January 2003. It's an excellent cab as many have already attested. Well, here's one more thumbs up for the 2x10XLT. These are great.

Why did I buy it? Because (next to Ampegs), every bassist I saw on the "Tonight Show" "Dave Letterman" "Conan" ect...and local live shows I've been to, was playing through Edens. Usually the 4x10XLT (their easily recognizable).

I already knew Eden was great but had to wait until I could find a used one. $700+ (new) was too much for me to spend...it still is.

Anyway, you probably already know that Eden makes a solid product.

The 2x10 XLT cab gets plenty loud and the speakers have never once clipped. I use this one for recording in my home. The tweeter never hisses either. It's good-quality stuff.
    but, I'm switching to 2x12s...so I don't need it anymore.

I only play 4 string basses. A MIA Fender Jazz and a '68
    Univox 335 Custom. So, as far as the Low B....I honestly can not comment.

Thanks for reading,
    Chris

4. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway

5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've owned both and the Bag End is my choice hands down.