Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet: Eden or Bagend

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jambassist, Apr 13, 2004.

1. jambassist

jambassist

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    Looking at either the 210XLT or D10XD both in 4 ohms. Mesa Walkabout is powering both. I play a Fodera 4 string with a jammy acoustic rock band. Both sound good and are in my price range. Guess I'm looking for opinons as to long term dependability, etc. Read all the reviews I could find and both are highly rated. Specs on Bagend are a little better as far as frequency response. Thoughts please and thanks in advance.

2. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I've had an Eden 410 and 210...and I miss them both a LOT! You just can't go wrong with Eden...

3. JAMBASSIST....

Just last night, I posted on the For Sale Thread of this forum, my Eden 2x10 XLT....4 ohm. $325 + Shipping
    Zip code: 91344

I bought it used in January 2003. It's an excellent cab as many have already attested. Well, here's one more thumbs up for the 2x10XLT. These are great.

Why did I buy it? Because (next to Ampegs), every bassist I saw on the "Tonight Show" "Dave Letterman" "Conan" ect...and local live shows I've been to, was playing through Edens. Usually the 4x10XLT (their easily recognizable).

I already knew Eden was great but had to wait until I could find a used one. $700+ (new) was too much for me to spend...it still is.

Anyway, you probably already know that Eden makes a solid product.

The 2x10 XLT cab gets plenty loud and the speakers have never once clipped. I use this one for recording in my home. The tweeter never hisses either. It's good-quality stuff.
    but, I'm switching to 2x12s...so I don't need it anymore.

I only play 4 string basses. A MIA Fender Jazz and a '68
    Univox 335 Custom. So, as far as the Low B....I honestly can not comment.

Thanks for reading,
    Chris

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've owned both and the Bag End is my choice hands down.