Cabinet Gig Bags - Where can I get them?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bartman, Dec 25, 2004.

1. hey guys.

I just got an 8x10 (Edit: it's an 8x8, made a typo in first post) cab a little while ago (Dimensions: 17 x 23 x 36 in inches) and I really want to get a good leather cover/bag for it. I've seen people with some real good ones but I dont really know where to buy one. The music store I shop at does not have any and I'm wondering if anyone knows any online stores that would. I checked on by typing "bass bags" in search bit I didn't get anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

most companies offer padded bags designed to fit the cabs they make. never seen a bag for an 8x10 though. Good luck.
  3. You could make one, I suppose...

Other than that option, I think you may be stuck. Although I do know that you can get Road Ready cases for 8x10's.
  4. oops, my mistake

It's actually a 8x8 not 8x10 . Typo. hehe

Yeah, I'd try making my own, but I'd most likely fail miserably. I suck that these things. hehe
  5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I checked: They make padded covers.

Their 'amp covers' section shows cab dimensions, maybe you can find something from their inventory that'll work for your cabinet.

Good Luck, -Art
  6. hmm, this might be just what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch.
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yeah, Tuki makes fantastic covers for just about anything. I have one of the more expensive types for my 1x15. It's padded cordoura with a bottom panel closable by velcro so the entire cabinet ends up getting covered. very cool.
  8. haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    What kind of 8x8 did you get? I'm looking at getting the yorkville...
  9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Modern Case Company ( makes some amp covers.

Le Cover ( also makes a pot-load of different cabinet covers as well.

Hope this helps!

10. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

if it's an swr the company makes a cover for the henry. If not (a yorkville or other brand) you could always check the measurements to see if the swr would do the trick.
  11. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
  12. White_rabbit

Jan 3, 2005
  13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You have a number of good suggestions already, but I'll also throw out Under Cover. They have made covers for some of my EA cabs, and I am very pleased with the quality, price, and especially the service.