Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Grills

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by konfishily, Jun 3, 2005.

1. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Does anyone know any places where i can get a grill for my bass cabinet.
    I know you can get it in bulk, but are there any that sell around 10 square feet?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    good question....bump

:)

3. If you are looking for grille cloth, which I assume you are, there are tons of places...

http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/cg...p/se=coverings/sf=category/se=grillcloth.html

is a start. It's a place I use. And fyi, it's sold by the yard. IF you are going to rewrap this yourself, you're gonna want to make sure it's tight, secure and symmetrical, or it'll look like ass. You should be able to make a quarter bounce off the front of a properly stretched grille.

PM me if you want some pointers.

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Another place might be www.tchweb.com. They handle all sorts of hardware for music gear.

5. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    thanks for the reply, but i was looking into a metal grill. I found sites that sell maybe 10 by 8 feet. Thats way too much for just one cab.
    Wire mesh/Perforated/Expanded...

6. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    http://www.mcmaster.com

Raw Materials and Springs -> Expanded Metal or Perforated Materials

Both sections have a ton of stuff to check out.

7. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    wow man, amazing website. looks like ~20 buck for a 2' x 2'. Diamond pattern

8. Scott French

Scott French Dude Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    You should see their catalog, it makes the bible look like a weekend novel.

9. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    And it geys bigger with every printing. Plus they have one of the best designed e-commerce sites around. The indexing is great, there are lots of select-by-parameter trees, and lots of product info links. Not to mention solid models.