Cabinet ideas for a Fender Bassman 100T and Aguilar TH 350

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fishstick666, Mar 30, 2016.

1. fishstick666

fishstick666

May 4, 2005
    Kalifornia
    I just picked up a Fender Bassman 100T to be my main amp, and want to have a cabinet setup that works equally well with my trusted TH 350.

My current bands are cumbia/chicha (4 - 6 members, lots of percussion), a quiet swing/blues quartet, and a quirky cover trio. I've been fine with my TH 350 running at 4 ohms into a 210 and 112 in terms of enough volume (without pushing it). Anything louder, I have FOH support.

I just sold the 210 (sort of wishing I hadn't) and I want to get a cabinet setup that fits on a dolly and can be managed one handed. I have two common scenarios: 1) I can load in and make two easy trips to the car; these would be Bassman 100T gigs; 2) I have no load in capability (e.g. street fairs), am parked far away and need to hoof it in; these would be one trip TH 350 gigs.

What's a cabinet(s) that works with these scenarios that would sound great with both heads? I've been really enjoying 12's over the last year. I like the Bassman Neo 410, but it's 8ohm and I really need to run the TH 350 at 4 ohms. Some of my thoughts: a Berg AE or CN 212, Epi UL 212 (or 2 x 112s), Ampeg SVT HLF 410, Ampeg SVT 212 AV, Genz Uber 212. For a single cabinet, I'm thinking 4 ohms and I'd like to keep it under 65lbs, and I like a less hifi but defined bassy sound (don't you just love descriptions like that! :) ).

Thanks in advance for your help!