Cabinet lost in the mail?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blues Bass 2, Oct 30, 2002.

1. In traded cabinets with a guy across the state,400 miles.I sent mine UPS and it got there the next day.He sent his by the US Postal service and it's been a week and it's still not herer.Is this normal?
  2. Sometimes, yes. The postal service isn't quite as efficient as we'd all like them to be.

Did you keep the guys name and address? Do you have any way to track your package? Hopefully the USPS is just slow, as usual. I'd hate to see anyone get ripped off on a trade like that.

Keep us updated.
  3. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I shipped a bass from KC to Chicago through the USPS... It took 4 weeks to get there! They didn't have any way to track it, They wouldn't do anything to help with trying to find it, and all they said they could do was "leave a message with the post office where it was supposed to arrive!" So they are supposed to do just this, right? I get a call from Lakland (that's where I was shipping the bass) saying they had the bass... 4 days later the PO calls and says they had it, but they didn't know where it was after that... duh! I don't ship anything through the USPS anymore.

As chaosgwar states, hopefully the USPS is just really slow in your case...

4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    It took the USPS 7 days to ship our wedding photos across town.:mad:
  5. Thanks guys
    The kid who wanted to trade didn't insure it so there isn't any way to track it.The post office where it came from is trying to help out but I think I'll just have to wait.This is the first time something like this has happened to me and it really stresses me out.Anybody who reads this,NEVER SHIP through the postal service.UPS and Fed Ex are faster and cheaper.
  6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    that is too funny :D
    and the sick part is that they might have them lying there and you can't just drive over and pick them up... it's actually illegal i think.... ;)
  7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    The post office finally left a card in the mailbox stating that they had a package for us, but it was too big for the mailbox. So we had to go to the post office(with the card and I.D.) to pick it up.

Im curious to know how long the package actually sat there before they notified us. Surley it cant take seven days to ship something 15 miles, unless the USPS is using skateboards instead of Jeeps.