Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet Mounted Mic Holder

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by adam on bass, Jan 31, 2005.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Anyone seen one of these? I was at a Umphrey's show sometime back and he was using one. It mounted to the bottom baffle and was perfect if you didn't want to use a stand. I can't even find the picture I had at one time. I am sure I could make one relatively easy but why bother. Any news.

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    only thing i would say against that is it might pick up a lot of low frequency vibration which could be a very bad thing.

3. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I just wanna try it. Our stage show has evolved and we have stuff everywhere and one less stand is good. I am going to make one this weekend to try out. If I use enough rubber between the cab and the holder itself it just might work.

4. We use them all the time (live and recording). It's so much easier and takes up a lot less space. We haven't had any problems with the sound quality either. I think my drummer and guitar player got them at guitar center.. not sure though.

5. jvbjr

jvbjr

Jan 8, 2005
    I made mine out of 1.25" flat stock steel, a vise and a hammer. Welded the gooseneck on and painted them flat black. I had no idea any one made them, but my total outlay for a pair was under $10.00.

6. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    That's what I am talking about. I don't live anywhere near a good music store so searching is limited to web and I can't find one. I am going the "heat to metal" route myself.